Our fundraising activities are vital to ensuring we can offer high quality Scouting
Subscription fees cover the basic cost of providing a Scouting programme, but without additional fundraising we wouldn’t be able to maintain our excellent Scout Hut, the Binsey Boat Base or our extensive equipment stocks. Unlike many Scout Groups we are responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of two sites, so this requires more than the funds raised through subscriptions.
We are always on the lookout for willing hands to help at our fundraising events. Whether you’ve got an hour or an afternoon, it all helps to maintain and extend the experiences we can offer our young people.
What are we fundraising for?
There are currently a number of items on our list that we are fundraising for:
- New floor at the Scout Hut – Done!
- Refurbishment of the female changing rooms at the Binsey Boat Base – Done!
- Re-paint Scout Hut hall – Done!
- Canoes and equipment for boat base – Purchased!
- General maintenance and improvements at the Scout Hut and Binsey Boat Base
- Refurbishment of the male changing rooms at the Binsey Boat Base
- Repair of the Scout Hut garage and roof
- Refurbish Scout Hut kitchen
- Re-render Scout Hut exterior
How do we fundraise?
Most of our fundraising comes from our self-run events, but we supplement this by applying for available grants. We are also very willing to accept donations from local businesses and individuals.
We're always looking for new Scout leaders, fundraising volunteers, committee members and occasional helpers. Whether you've got a little or a lot of time to spare, we need your help!